|Title:||Intern - Financial Reporting|
Job Description: This internship is a 6 to 18 month assignment and not only a summer internship. Candidate must have a permanent right to work in the US.
Equity Methods serves a diverse clientele primarily consisting of Fortune 500 companies, including 30 of the Fortune 100. Equity Methods works closely with the Big 4 public accounting firms, and has provided key guidance to the FASB and SEC as they formulated policy regarding equity compensation accounting.
Members of the Financial Reporting Team provide critical support in financial reporting engagements by providing client-specific solutions that meet specialized reporting needs and communicating complex ideas to clients and their external auditors orally and in writing.
Equity Methods professionals have significant interaction with senior managers at large publicly traded companies. With approximately 60 professionals and hundreds of clients, Equity Methods seeks to combine the best of a large professional services firm with the best of a smaller, more entrepreneurial company. The culture encourages innovation, collaboration, and creativity in continually enhancing the ways clients are served and solutions are originated. Equity Methods was recently named the #1 small-company employers in Arizona.
Interns at Equity Methods perform multiple roles:
- The ideal candidate should be able to work between 15 to 20 hours a week.
- Interact with Equity Methods' algorithms and generate reports which need to be carefully audited and customized in preparation for client delivery.
- Prepare client-facing deliverables, which involves working with the senior consulting associate to produce and review such deliverables.
- Support various practice initiatives related to risk management, cross-selling, and research.
- Support ad hoc research endeavors: involves performing research in areas of interest to the professional practice, typically in the areas of theoretical or empirical accounting and finance. Equity Methods' research is widely recognized as industry-leading throughout the country.
- Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, economics, or one providing strong quantitative skills.
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.25.
- Strong attention to detail and zero tolerance for sloppiness or careless error - because this position will have direct involvement in client-facing deliverables, complete attention to detail and accuracy in work are necessary.
- Ability to comprehend conceptual topics - because the diversity of work is so broad, successful candidates must demonstrate proficiency in theory to solve practical and specific problems.
- Exceptional business writing skills (grammar, tone, sentence construction).
- Maturity in internal/external communication and time management.
- Meaningful MS Excel and MS PowerPoint experience.
- Exposure to SAS or Visual Basic programming skills is a plus.
To learn more about Equity Methods, please visit us at: www.equitymethods.com.
Equity Methods Careers
Interested candidates must submit their application at the following website to be considered: